Annual A.R.B.A. TRIPLE Open, and Youth fun shows
June 28, 2014 9:00 a.m.
Location: Generously hosted by Gold Creek Rabbitry, Owner Betty Fletcher (Show Superintendent) 23529 Komoka Road, Komoka, Ontario, Canada, N0L 1R0 (this is only an hour from the Canada/US border at Port Huron, for American exhibitors)
Accommodations: This is our second time holding our show at this unique venue. It is a working family farm owned by our club president. It will be a beautiful, fun, family oriented EVENT. We want to encourage all exhibitors from near and far to attend as such we are offering and encouraging camping the night before the show. Tents or trailers welcome (limited hydro and water hookups) there will be a bonfire and networking time the night before. Registration/check in will also be available the night before to save you time the morning of the show. Please bring your own lawn chairs. Hotels nearby.
Times: -Registration will be held Friday June 27, 2014 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and day of show, June 28, 2014 from 7 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
-Pre-show announcements/introductions at 8:45 a.m.
-Judging starts at 9:00 a.m. sharp
Fees: This is a pre-entry Show. Pre –entries can be done online at the club website http://forestcityrabbitclub.webs.com/a-r-b-a-show or you can Email/call the Show Secretary for pre-entries
$3.50 per rabbit/per show for pre-entry, $4.50 day of show (there will be no fee or penalty for day of show scratches or switches, so all exhibitors encouraged to pre-enter to assist show secretary in organization) Cash (US or CDN) only day of show (change in CDN funds only). SPECIAL offer this year-Any single exhibitor with 20 or more entries in a single show gets a special $3.00 per rabbit entry fee
Prizes: All youth will receive prizes.
Open show – Trophies for Best of Show and Best Opposite of Show
Judges: Kyle Yacobucci, Terry Fender and Maddie Pratt
Registrar: Beth Collins-available night before show only, NOT available day of show
Show Set Up: This is a carry case show
-Three open all breed shows, ARBA Sanctioned
- PLUS additional fun youth classes for Conformation, Judging, Pet, Showmanship) – PRIZES for ALL youth exhibitors
Breed Sanctions: Mini Rex will be sanctioned through the National Mini Rex club for all four shows.
Anyone wanting to sponsor additional breed sanctions to notify show secretary.
- Joyce Jones from http://www.bunnyview.com/ will be there selling cages and supplies
- There will be a food booth serving breakfast and lunch the day of show.
- There will be a for sale/trade area designated for those looking to buy or sell rabbits.
- There will be a raffle table (donations greatly appreciated, please contact show secretary).
- There will also be a 50/50 draw the day of the show.
- As per A.R. B.A. show regulations each rabbit shall have a permanent identifying ear mark (tattoo) in the left ear. There will be a club member providing tattoos for all exhibitors for a $2 donation to the club. **Youth Fun classes exempt from tattoo requirement, ask show secretary for clarification when pre-entering**
- As per A.R.B.A. show regulations, “Show management must remove from the showroom all diseased or unsightly specimens and entry fees on such specimens will be forfeited.”
For more information go to the forest City website. You can find that HERE.
To allow for the best organization, exhibitors are encouraged to email the show secretary well in advance to give an idea of their attendance and number of rabbits and breeds even if they are not ready to officially pre-register yet. Also all are encouraged to visit the club website http://forestcityrabbitclub.webs.com and join the site and post on the news page. It is a social forum where exhibitors and organizers can interact to help arrange potential purchases and ensure we have an idea of how many rabbits to expect at the show to ensure we are prepared.