1. don't give fleece or carpet to rabbits unless you know they aren't going to chew or eat them.
2. this gal has a fully fenced back yard, make sure your set up is predator proof.
1. what kind of flooring do you want your rabbits on? Hardware cloth (as used here) has sharp pricky edges... not particularly good for bunny feet. Highly effective at keeping predators out though.
2. how easy is it to clean out?
1. chicken wire is easy for rabbits to dig or chew through.
2. chicken wire is NOT an effective deterrent for most any kind of predator
3. if it works, do you mind what it looks like?
things to consider
1. mesh tends not to be easy on rabbits feet.
2. as long as rabbits on the top level are litter trained and go where they should, the rabbits below should stay clean.
3. rabbits do like to chew wood.