Sometimes this removal is planned
- Breeding rabbits for show and needing to sell those who don't qualify
- Deliberate breeding for companion animals
- Breeding for food production
- Raising up youngsters and no longer needing their parents
- Choosing to downsize
At other times, it's just not planned
- sick animals
- animal didn't sell you thought would
- animal returned to you
- outside influences: Illness, family concerns, jobs, school, etc.
Regardless of the Reason
In a nutshell you can sell or kill.
Sell well. Honestly answer questions about your rabbits. Give out accurate pedigrees, Do what you say you will.
- use them as food (yourself, pets, other animals)
- bury them (enrich the soil)
- bring them to a forest for animals to enjoy
- donate to a wild animal rescue, zoo
Go On... go read the full article!